All athletes are required to submit a valid annual pre-participation physical evaluation and complete the online athletic packet
. Physicals must be current- within 365 days of the first day of practice. The forms included in the athletic packet are:
- Concussion acknowledgement form
- Studentís emergency information and athletic release
- NJSIAA steroid form (High School Only)
- Sudden cardiac death in young athletes brochure
- Supplemental health history questionnaire
- Transportation permission slip
- Athletic fee
- Parent-student handbook.
The pre-participation physical evaluation form, the confirmation slip from the online athletic packet, and proof of payment for the activity fee must be handed in to the athletic trainer no later than the specified dates in order to be eligible to begin practice on the first date. Students submitting forms late will incur a delay in beginning practice.
- All injuries must be reported to the coach, athletic trainer, and school nurse.
- If an athlete visits with a physician for an injury, the athlete must provide medical documentation for the athletic trainer and school nurse. This documentation shall include the diagnosis, limitations and or recommendations, and include a return to play date. A referral form can be found below to satisfy all requirements.
- An athlete will not be cleared to return to activity until medical documentation has been received.
- An athlete who is returning from an injury/illness may be required to participate in one practice before he/she competes interscholastically.
- All intramural after school activities/sports require a valid physical on file in the nurseís office within 365 days prior to the first official starting day of intramurals.
- Athletes injured at practice or a game will immediately notify the coach, the athletic trainer, and school nurse. If an emergency arises, the parents will be contacted immediately. The coach and the athletic trainer will complete an accident report within 48 hours of the injury. This report will be filed in the nurseís office.
- The athletic trainer will issue the athletic insurance claim form only upon the parent/guardianís request.
- It is the parent/guardianís responsibility to submit all bills to the insurance companies.
- Athletes must take the IMPACT testbefore they can participate in athletics.
- All athletes are tested every two years with IMPACT.
- If an athlete sustains a concussion, he or she will need to visit with a physician who has been trained in the evaluation and management of concussions. A concussion clearance form is required to be completed and returned to the athletic trainer.
- Athletes who sustain a concussion must check-in with the athletic trainer on a daily basis to fill out the post-concussion signs and symptoms check-list.
- All athletes who sustain a concussion must be asymptomatic for 7 days before completing the 5 day return to play protocol. The concussion regulation, policy, exhibit and protocol can be found on the athleticsí website and the athletic trainerís fusion page.